Instructions for Ordination
REQUIREMENTS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR ORDINATION AS AN ELDER
- The Candidate must be recommended by his Local Pastor. The Local Pastor and Local Church must be in good standing with the Jurisdiction.
- The Candidate for Ordination must currently be a Licensed Minister.
- The Candidate must have been a Licensed Minister for a minimum of 1 Year (12 Months).
- The Candidate must have a current COGIC ID Card for the previous reporting year. For example, to be considered for ordination in July 2019, the candidate must have an ID card for the 2018-2019 reporting year.
- The Candidate must have full financial support of the assessments for Licensed Ministers in the current and previous year.
- The Candidate must meet any other requirements established by the Office of the Jurisdictional Bishop and the Board of Ordination.
The forms and study guide for ordination are available at the following links.
COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FOR ORDINATION
COMPLETE THE NATIONAL CHURCH REQUIREMENTS
All credentials in the Church of God in Christ, Inc. are issued by the Office of the General Secretary. The credentials include all appointments, credentials, licenses, and ordinations. All candidates for Ordination must complete the requirements in order for the Jurisdictional Secretary to place the order for the Certificate of Ordination.
The following are the requirements. All of them can be completed in the ARC System
- Do NOT create a new account in ARC. As a Licensed Minister, you already have an account. A Licensed Minister has an account even if he has never logged in to the account.
- Contact the Jurisdictional Secretary to confirm your ARC account. If needed, the Jurisdictional Secretary can add your email address to your account and provide a temporary password.
- LOGIN the ARC System
DOWNLOAD THE STUDY GUIDE
The following is a link to the Study Guide for Ordination. Please thoroughly review the Guide and the Official Manual of the Church of God in Christ in order to be prepared for the online written exam.
ORDER THE CERTIFICATE OF ORDINATION
Click on the icon or link on the right to access the Order Form.